From making charitable donations to monitoring the amount of waste we produce, Boyce Hatton undertake a wide range of activities across all our offices in order to care for our staff, our clients, our communities and the environment.
We believe that it is our responsibility to give back to the community. We do this by:
Caring for our communities
- Making regular charitable donations.
- Giving staff time to sit on, and chair, charitable boards.
- Nominating a Charity of the Year for each office and supporting them financially and by helping to raise their profile.
- Offering work experience placements via local schools.
- Raising money through a number of events such as dress down day, local sporting events, local charity events and charity raffles.
- Instigating and actively promoting the female networking group Women in Torbay and Totnes.
Caring for our clients
- Striving to improve our client experience by seeking feedback on a regular basis. We review this in detail, making changes if needed to ensure a professional, friendly and efficient service for every client, every time.
- Providing information to clients in electronic format where possible to minimise the impact on the environment.
Caring for our staff
- Managing the firm in an ethical way in areas such as client confidentiality, risk management, conflicts of interest, money laundering, health and safety and whistle-blowing.
- Providing flexible working arrangements to enable staff to integrate their home and work lives more easily.
- Promoting diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace.
- Providing opportunities, time and funds for continual development and advancement, including encouraging staff to enrol and study for professional exams.
- Implementing strict health and safety procedures (e.g. meeting VDU legislation) and systems to ensure we operate to the highest health and safety standards.
- Ensuring staff have all the necessary equipment they need to perform their job efficiently. This includes providing remote access facility on laptops, for access to any files/programmes staff may require whilst they are working off-site.
- Offering free eye tests and vouchers towards the cost of glasses, should these be required.
Caring for the environment
- Virtualising servers to reduce the number of physical machines and hence reduce power consumption (both computers and associated air conditioning).
- Centralising servers and software to reduce inter-office travel for technical support staff in respect of maintenance and updates.
- Monitoring printing across our business and promoting the use of electronic communication and storage sites.
- Recycling paper, plastics, cardboard and glass.
- Buying recycled paper products.
- Buying products from sustainable stocks.
- Recycling toner cartridges for charity.
- Encouraging cycling to work.
- Performing night audits to ensure all equipment and lighting is switched off.
- Reducing travel where possible by use of teleconferences, webinars and video conferences.
- Implementing a Christmas card amnesty to reduce waste.